About Me

My photo
I specialize in FHA and VA loans. These Government loans are a fantastic choice for most homeowners that do not fall into typical conventional financing. I am also experienced using several conventional and non-conventional loan programs. I work with several local down payment assistance organizations to assist low income borrowers attain home ownership. I work with local banks when necessary to achieve the best results for my clients. I also do my best to advocate home ownership in Wisconsin through a combination of outreach and education. I serve on a number of local committees and actively participate in fundraising and volunteering for various local non-profits. I am committed to my industry's reputation. My business is now 100% referral based.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cultivating Referals from Existing Relationships

Cultivating Referrals from Existing Realtionships

The other day I was having my hair cut and talking to my hair dresser when the topics of growing our businesses through referrals arose. The woman who has cut my hair for years has already helped me by displaying flyers of mine in her lobby. Today was different though. As the topic of referrals was fresh on her mind, she immediately began asking customers around the room not only how their mortgage situations were but also about those of their friends and family....
I was being advertised, in a powerful way because these customers trust this woman as much as I do, and she is touting my abilities and character! Obviously this woman knows the type of person I am and has her trust in me but....bringing up the topic of referrals served as a catalyst for what then became the best type of advertisement I can recieve.
So the moment was made possible because of our trust in eachother, but it only took place because our discussion of the power of referrals lit the fire...Remember to cultivate those relationships where the trust is already established, you may be overlooking a valuable resource you've already worked hard to develop!
Cultivating Referrals from Existing Realtionships is as simple as thinking of all of your friends and family that are pillars in their communities and have created a reputation for themselves of being trustworhty and reliable people. Teach these people how to sell you and do a good job for everyone they send you, they do it for you!
Thanks, Joe

No comments: